American National Election Studies Cumulative Data File, 1948-2004 [electronic resource] Virginia Sapiro, Steven J. Rosenstone, National Election Studies
- Ann Arbor, Mich. : Inter-university Consortium for Political and Social Research [distributor], 1986.
- ICPSR (Series) ; 8475.
American National Election Study (ANES) Series 8475
1 online resource.
- Elections -- United States.
Voting -- United States.
Public opinion -- United States.
- System Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- This collection pools common variables from each of the biennial National Election Studies conducted since 1948. The election studies are designed to present data on Americans' social backgrounds, enduring political predispositions, social and political values, perceptions and evaluations of groups and candidates, opinions on questions of public policy, and participation in political life. The data provided in this cumulative file include a series of demographic variables and measures of social structure, partisanship, candidate evaluation, retrospective and incumbent presidential evaluation, public opinion, ideological support for the political system, mass media usage, and equalitarianism and post-materialism. Additional items provide measures of political activity, participation, and involvement, and voting behavior and registration (including results of vote validation efforts). In 2001, corrections were made to variables VCF0902, VCF0904, and VCF0905.
- Part 1: Data File
- Title from ICPSR DDI metadata of 2008-01-04.
Start: 1948; and end: 2004.
- Sapiro, Virginia.
Rosenstone, Steven J.
National Election Studies (U.S.)
Inter-university Consortium for Political and Social Research.
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|