CBS News/NEW YORK TIMES Monthly Poll #1, September 1996 [electronic resource] / CBS NewsThe New York Times
- 2nd ICPSR version
- Ann Arbor, Mich. : Inter-university Consortium for Political and Social Research [distributor], 1998.
- ICPSR (Series) ; 2307.
1 online resource.
- System Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- This poll is part of a continuing series of monthly surveys that solicit public opinion on the presidency and on a range of other political and social issues. Respondents were asked to give their opinions of President Bill Clinton, his integrity, and his handling of the presidency, foreign policy, and the economy. Their views were also sought regarding Vice President Al Gore, Bob Dole, Elizabeth Dole, Ross Perot, Jack Kemp, and Hillary Clinton, the Democratic and Republican parties, the 1996 presidential and congressional elections, the job market, the Whitewater investigations, the role of government in social policy, and the Democratic Convention. In addition, a series of questions comparing President Clinton and presidential candidate Bob Dole on a range of topics was asked. Topics covered ideology, political goals, moral values, ability to handle international crisis, tax plans, and campaign tactics. Respondents were also asked for their opinions on the resignation of Clinton campaign advisor Dick Morris, how the Clinton administration compared to past administrations, and the nation's economic future. Background information on respondents includes age, sex, race, education, ethnicity, religion, political party, political orientation, voter registration and participation history, military service history, marital status, employment status, age of children in household, labor union membership, and patterns of viewing comedians on late-night television.... Cf.: http://dx.doi.org/10.3886/ICPSR02307
- Part 1: Data File
- Title from ICPSR DDI metadata of 2004-10-30.
- CBS News.
Inter-university Consortium for Political and Social Research.
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|