National Treatment Improvement Evaluation Study (NTIES), 1992-1997 [electronic resource] United States Department of Health and Human Services. Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration. Center for Substance Abuse Treatment
- ICPSR Version, 2005-11-04.
- Ann Arbor, Mich. Inter-university Consortium for Political and Social Research [distributor] 2000.
- ICPSR (Series) 2884.
1 online resource.
- System Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- NTIES is a congressionally-mandated five-year study of the impact of drug and alcohol treatment on thousands of clients in hundreds of treatment units that received public support from the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA), Center for Substance Abuse Treatment (CSAT). The NTIES project collected longitudinal data on a purposive sample of clients in treatment programs receiving CSAT demonstration grant funding. Client-level data were obtained at treatment intake, at treatment exit, and 12 months after treatment exit. Service delivery unit (SDU) administrative and clinician (SDU staff) data were obtained at two time points, one year apart. Data were collected across several important outcome areas, including drug and alcohol use, physical and mental health, criminal activity, social functioning, and employment. For a random sample of approximately half of those interviewed, urine specimens were collected at follow-up to corroborate clients' self-reports of substance abuse. Substances covered in the study included alcohol, analgesics, antianxiety medications, anticonvulsants, antidepressants, antimanics, barbiturates, cocaine (powder and crack), depressants, hallucinogens/psychedelics, heroin and other opiates, illegal methadone, inhalants, marijuana/hashish, methadone, methamphetamine/amphetamine and other stimulants, narcotics, and sedatives.... Cf.: http://dx.doi.org/10.3886/ICPSR02884
- Part 1: NTIES Research Intake Questionnaire (NRIQ); Part 2: NTIES Treatment Experience Questionnaire (NTEQ); Part 3: NTIES Postdischarge Assessment Questionnaire (NPAQ); Part 4: NTIES Patient Record Abstraction Form (NPRAF); Part 5: NTIES Clinical Unit Data (NCLU)
- Title from ICPSR DDI metadata of 2006-09-15.
Start: 1992; and end: 1997.
- Inter-university Consortium for Political and Social Research.
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|