ABC News Cuba Legacy Poll, April 2000 [electronic resource] / ABC News
- ICPSR version
- Ann Arbor, Mich. : Inter-university Consortium for Political and Social Research [distributor], 2000.
- ICPSR (Series) ; 3054.
ABC News/Washington Post Poll Series 3054
1 online resource.
- System Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- This special topic poll, fielded April 5, 2000, is part of a continuing series of monthly surveys that solicit public opinion on the presidency and on a range of other political and social issues. The focus of this data collection was on whether Elian Gonzalez, the six-year-old Cuban boy whose mother drowned when they attempted to immigrate to Florida, should be returned to his father in Cuba or allowed to remain with his mother's relatives in the United States. Respondents were asked whether this situation should be handled as a political issue or a child custody issue and whether Elian's father was expressing his own views or those of the Cuban government. Respondents' views were sought on whether the following parties were interested in doing what was best for Elian or what was best for them: the Clinton administration, the Cuban government, Elian's Miami relatives, Elian's father, the Cuban-American community in Miami, Vice President Al Gore, and Texas governor George W. Bush. Additional questions addressed whether the United States should resume diplomatic relations with Cuba, end the embargo on trade with Cuba, and end restrictions on travel to Cuba. Background information on respondents includes gender and political party affiliation.... Cf.: http://dx.doi.org/10.3886/ICPSR03054
- Part 1: Data File
- Title from ICPSR DDI metadata of 2004-10-30.
- Inter-university Consortium for Political and Social Research.
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|