National Survey of AIDS in Correctional Facilities, 1985-1990, 1992 [electronic resource] / Abt Associates, Inc
- ICPSR version
- Ann Arbor, Mich. : Inter-university Consortium for Political and Social Research [distributor], 1995.
- ICPSR (Series) ; 6437.
1 online resource.
- AIDS (Disease) -- United States -- Statistics.
HIV infections -- United States -- Statistics.
Correctional institutions -- United States -- Statistics.
Prisoners -- Health and hygiene -- United States -- Statistics.
- System Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- In late 1985, the National Institute of Justice (NIJ) began its first study of Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome (AIDS) in correctional facilities. The objective of the study was to report on the incidence and institutional management of AIDS within the federal and state prison systems, as well as in the nation's largest jails. The study was conducted annually from 1985-1990 and biannually thereafter. This collection contains data collected in 1985-1990 and 1992 via a mail questionnaire. Questionnaires were sent each year to the correctional departments of all 50 states, the federal prison system, and 33 to 37 large city and county jail systems. In addition, in 1987-1990, Canadian prison systems were surveyed. A different questionnaire was used in each of the seven years of data collection. However, each questionnaire addressed the same major topics: inmate population, numbers of inmate cases of AIDS and AIDS-Related Complex (ARC), aggregate results of Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV) antibody testing programs, and major policies regarding AIDS (training and education, testing, medical and psycho-social services, housing, precautionary measures, confidentiality), as well as associated legal and cost issues. The 1992 questionnaire collected additional information on the prevalence of and policies toward inmates with tuberculosis.... Cf.: http://dx.doi.org/10.3886/ICPSR06437
- Part 1: 1985 Data; Part 2: 1986 Data; Part 3: 1987 Data; Part 4: 1988 Data; Part 5: 1989 Data; Part 6: 1990 Data; Part 7: 1992 Data; Part 8: Codebook for All Parts; Part 9: SAS Data Definition Statements for 1985 Data; Part 10: SAS Data Definition Statements for 1986 Data; Part 11: SAS Data Definition Statements for 1987 Data; Part 12: SAS Data Definition Statements for 1988 Data; Part 13: SAS Data Definition Statements for 1989 Data; Part 14: SAS Data Definition Statements for 1990 Data; Part 15: SAS Data Definition Statements for 1992 Data; Part 16: User Guide
- Title from ICPSR DDI metadata of 2004-10-30.
- Inter-university Consortium for Political and Social Research.
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|