CBS News National Surveys, 1985 [electronic resource] / CBS News
- Ann Arbor, Mich. : Inter-university Consortium for Political and Social Research [distributor], 1986.
- ICPSR (Series) ; 8547.
1 online resource.
- Reagan, Ronald -- Public opinion.
Football -- United States -- Public opinion.
TWA Flight 847 Hijacking Incident, 1985 -- Public opinion.
Air travel -- Public opinion.
United States -- Foreign relations -- Soviet Union -- Public opinion.
Soviet Union -- Foreign relations -- United States -- Public opinion.
- System Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Each dataset contains questions of topical relevance or questions which pertain to broader social issues. The hijacking of TWA flight 847 was the focus of the first two surveys. Respondents were asked to evaluate Reagan's handling of the crisis, to give their opinions on how the United States should deal with terrorism and terrorists, and to explain their attitudes about United States policy in the Middle East and media coverage of the event. Attitudes towards air safety, including effects on travel plans, were explored in the third survey. The fourth dealt with the United States/Soviet summit meeting in Geneva. Questions regarding the summit include approval or disapproval of Reagan's handling of the summit, whether and how to negotiate with the Soviet Union, attitudes towards Gorbachev, and the role the leaders' wives played. In the final survey, respondents were queried about professional football--the game, teams, players, coaches, and media coverage. All respondents were asked for demographic information.... Cf.: http://dx.doi.org/10.3886/ICPSR08547
- Part 1: June 18: Flight 847 Hijacking Survey; Part 2: June 26: TWA 847 Hijack Poll #2; Part 3: August 29: Fear of Flying; Part 4: November 20: Summit 1985; Part 5: December 10-11: Football Survey
- Title from ICPSR DDI metadata of 2004-10-30.
- Inter-university Consortium for Political and Social Research.
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|