Slave Trials in Anderson and Spartanburg Counties, South Carolina, 1818-1861 [electronic resource] Michael S. Hindus
- Ann Arbor, Mich. : Inter-university Consortium for Political and Social Research [distributor], 1989.
- ICPSR (Series) ; 8674.
1 online resource.
- Slaves -- South Carolina.
Trials -- South Carolina.
- System Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- This dataset is part of a larger data collection effort conducted by the principal investigator to study crime, justice, and penal reform in Massachusetts and South Carolina from 1760 to 1880. Data are presented in this file on over 600 slave trials in two counties of ante-bellum South Carolina from 1818 to 1861. Included are variables documenting the accused crime, verdict, punishment, and item stolen (if applicable), as well as the defendant's name, sex, status, owner, and date of the trial.
- Part 1: Data File
- Title from ICPSR DDI metadata of 2008-01-04.
Start: 1818; and end: 1861.
- Inter-university Consortium for Political and Social Research.
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|