State Samples from the 1880 Census of Manufacturing [electronic resource] Jeremy Atack, Fred Bateman
- ICPSR Version, 2004-11-05.
- Ann Arbor, Mich. Inter-university Consortium for Political and Social Research [distributor] 1990.
- ICPSR (Series) 9384.
1 online resource.
- Manufacturing industries -- United States -- Statistics.
Manufactures -- United States -- Statistics.
United States -- Census, 10th, 1880.
- System Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- This collection contains information from the 1880 Census of Manufacturing for 36 states and the District of Columbia. It was originally collected to paint a quantitative picture of industrialization in the United States and to complement a similar data collection of STATE SAMPLES FROM THE CENSUS OF MANUFACTURING: 1850, 1860, AND 1870 (ICPSR 4071). The data describe states and counties in terms of urban or rural, amount of capital invested, and numbers of male, female, and child workers employed. Additional information includes daily wage for skilled and unskilled labor, annual wage bill, hours in ordinary day's labor, number of waterwheels and steam engines, and horsepower by water or steam.
- Part 1: Data File
- Title from ICPSR DDI metadata of 2006-09-15.
- Atack, Jeremy
Inter-university Consortium for Political and Social Research.
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|