CBS News/NEW YORK TIMES Panama Poll, January 1990 [electronic resource] / CBS NewsThe New York Times
- Ann Arbor, Mich. : Inter-university Consortium for Political and Social Research [distributor], 1991.
- ICPSR (Series) ; 9496.
1 online resource.
- Noriega, Manuel Antonio, 1934 -- -Public opinion.
Public opinion -- Panama.
Panama -- History -- American Invasion, 1989 -- Public opinion.
Panama -- Politics and government -- 1981 -- -Public opinion.
United States -- Relations -- Panama -- Public opinion.
Panama -- Relations -- United States -- Public opinion.
- System Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- This data collection is a national survey of Panamanians undertaken following the United States' invasion to remove General Manuel Noriega from power. Respondents were asked if they approved of the United States' sending troops to remove Noriega from power, how long those troops would and should remain in Panama, if those troops used an appropriate amount of force, and if troops were sent only to protect United States interests. Additional questions focused on General Noriega and whether he should have been allowed to stay under Vatican protection, whether he should be put on trial (and if so, where he should be tried), whether he should be allowed to go into exile and take his assets with him, and whether General Noriega had been a good influence overall on Panama. Other topics covered include the future of democracy in Panama, allowing PDF members into the New Security Force, the Torrijos-Carter treaties regarding the Panama Canal, and opinions of various political leaders. Background information on respondents includes last presidential vote, family employment status, age, income, sex, education, race, and information on any personal losses suffered due to the invasion.... Cf.: http://dx.doi.org/10.3886/ICPSR09496
- Part 1: Data File
- Title from ICPSR DDI metadata of 2004-10-30.
- CBS News.
Inter-university Consortium for Political and Social Research.
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|