American National Election Study [electronic resource] : 1990-1991 Panel Study of the Political Consequences of War/1991 Pilot Study / Warren E. Miller, Donald R. Kinder, Steven J. Rosenstone,
- 2nd ICPSR version
- Ann Arbor, Mich. : Inter-university Consortium for Political and Social Research [distributor], 1991.
- ICPSR (Series) ; 9673.
American National Election Study (ANES) Series 9673
1 online resource.
- United States. Congress -- Elections, 1990.
Elections -- United States.
Voting -- United States.
Iraq-Kuwait Crisis, 1990-1991 -- Public opinion.
Persian Gulf War, 1991 -- Public opinion.
Public opinion -- United States.
- System Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- This study is part of a time-series collection of national surveys fielded continuously since 1952. The election studies are designed to present data on Americans' social backgrounds, enduring political predispositions, social and political values, perceptions and evaluations of groups and candidates, opinions on questions of public policy, and participation in political life. The panel portion of this collection focuses on the consequences of war, with the first wave consisting of the 1990 Post-Election Survey conducted prior to the outbreak of hostilities in the Persian Gulf. The respondents were reinterviewed several months after hostilities ended, and in this wave the survey content consisted of a repeat of a subset of questions from the Post-Election Survey, and additional items especially relevant to the Gulf War conflict. In addition, a full-fledged pilot study, designed to explore new areas of interest and develop new instrumentation, is embedded in this collection. Among the topics covered in the Pilot portion of the survey are ethnic politics, gender, Social Security, Medicaid/medical care for the elderly, social altruism, and political knowledge. A number of contextual variables also are provided, including summary variables that combine the respondent's recall of his or her senator's and representative's vote on the use of force with that congressperson's actual vote, and county-level 1980 Census data on race.... Cf.: http://dx.doi.org/10.3886/ICPSR09673
- Part 1: Data File
- Title from ICPSR DDI metadata of 2004-10-30.
Start: 1990; and end: 1991.
- Miller, Warren E.
Kinder, Donald R.
Rosenstone, Steven J.
National Election Studies (U.S.)
Inter-university Consortium for Political and Social Research.
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|