A*CENSUS (Archival Census and Education Needs Survey in the United States), 2004 [electronic resource] / Nancy Perkin Beaumont, Victoria Irons Walch.
- Ann Arbor, Mich. : Inter-university Consortium for Political and Social Research [distributor], 2005.
- ICPSR (Series) ; 4265.
1 online resource.
- System Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- The A*CENSUS, the first comprehensive survey of individuals in the archival profession since 1982, was designed to collect baseline demographic data on archivists in the workforce in the United States, identify the knowledge and skills archivists need to do their jobs and adapt to future demands, and gauge the capacity of graduate and continuing education programs to deliver the necessary knowledge and skills. Detailed information was collected from all respondents in the following subject areas: basic demographic information (age, gender, race/ethnicity), employment (full/part-time, average hours per week, type of employer, years employed, functions), education (degrees, majors, years awarded), training and continuing education (sources, delivery formats and methods, support from employer for obtaining, barriers to obtaining, topical priorities), career paths (impetus for first archival job, careers prior to entering archival work, plans to leave archival work including retirement), professional association affiliation (membership in archival and other associations, support from employer for participation, impetus for joining), leadership/professional involvement (conference attendance, presentations, publications authored, teaching experience, leadership positions in archival and nonarchival organizations, strength of ties to archival profession), and issues of greatest importance.... Cf.: http://dx.doi.org/10.3886/ICPSR04265
- Part 1: Data File
- Title from ICPSR DDI metadata of 2006-07-25.
- Beaumont, Nancy Perkin.
Walch, Victoria Irons.
Inter-university Consortium for Political and Social Research.
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|