ABC News Hurricane Katrina Anniversary Poll, August 2006 [electronic resource] / ABC News.
- Ann Arbor, Mich. : Inter-university Consortium for Political and Social Research [distributor], 2007.
- ICPSR (Series) ; 4664.
ABC News/Washington Post Poll Series 4664
1 online resource.
- System Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- This special topic poll, conducted August 14-20, 2006, is part of a continuing series of monthly polls that solicit public opinion on various political and social issues. The focus of this data collection was on the one-year anniversary of Hurricane Katrina. Part 1, FEMA Counties, contains data from a sample of 501 adults living in counties in Louisiana, Mississippi, and Alabama that were designated as Hurricane Katrina disaster areas. Part 2, Orleans Parish Including Oversamples, contains data on respondents living in Orleans Parish, Louisiana, including oversamples of 160 respondents contacted via landline telephones, and 120 respondents contacted via cell phones. Respondents were asked to rate the recovery efforts of federal, state, and local governments with respect to Hurricane Katrina, and how much trust and confidence they had in the federal government and the Federal Emergency Management Agency's (FEMA) ability to respond to another disaster. Opinions were collected on whether Hurricane Katrina was the result of global climate change or just a severe weather event. Information was collected about the damage caused to respondents' residence and personal property, as well as the severity of the damage, how much of the losses were insured, and whether recovery had already occurred. Respondents were asked to rate the impact Hurricane Katrina had had on their life, whether they suffered a long-term negative impact on their finances, health, and emotional well-being, and whether any friends or family members were seriously injured or killed as as a result of the hurricane. A series of questions asked respondents to rate the job of groups involved with assisting recovery, such as the the United States Small Business Administration, state relief agencies, and insurance companies. Views were sought concerning whether respondents' trust in the government and fellow man... Cf.: http://dx.doi.org/10.3886/ICPSR04664
- Part 1: FEMA Counties; Part 2: Orleans Parish Including Oversamples
- Title from ICPSR DDI metadata of 2008-01-04.
- Inter-university Consortium for Political and Social Research.
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|