Eurobarometer 66.1 [electronic resource] : European Values and Societal Issues, Mobile Phone Use, and Farm Animal Welfare, September-October 2006 / Antonis Papacostas.
- Ann Arbor, Mich. : Inter-university Consortium for Political and Social Research [distributor], 2007.
- ICPSR (Series) ; 21281.
Eurobarometer Survey Series 21281
1 online resource.
- System Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- This round of Eurobarometer surveys queried respondents on standard Eurobarometer measures, such as how satisfied they were with their present life, whether they attempted to persuade others close to them to share their views on subjects they held strong opinions about, whether they discussed political matters, what their expectations were for the next 12 months, and how they viewed the need for societal change. Additional questions focused on the respondents' knowledge of and opinions on the European Union (EU), including how well-informed they felt about the it, what sources of information about the EU they used, whether their country had benefited from being an EU member (or would benefit from being a future member), and the extent of their personal interest in EU matters. Respondents were also asked to provide their opinion on social issues, identify personal and European values, and evaluate whether these values are shared among EU member states. A second major focus for the surveys was on mobile phone use, including roaming. Respondents were asked to evaluate the cost of local mobile phone services versus those services used in other countries and the involvement of the EU in price regulation, to describe their mobile phone access billing plan, and to identify mobile services they used most frequently while abroad. For a third major area of focus, the survey asked respondents about their knowledge of animal welfare, their opinions about its practice and application during food production and importation, the availability and purchase of animal welfare-friendly food products, labeling and signage indicating the source of food products, and financial compensation of farmers who farm animals in animal friendly conditions. In addition, respondents were asked their opinion in regard to the role of the EU and the United States, and the position of the EU as compared t... Cf.: http://dx.doi.org/10.3886/ICPSR21281
- Part 1: Data File
- Title from ICPSR DDI metadata of 2008-01-04.
Start: 2006-09-06; and end: 2006-10-10.
- Inter-university Consortium for Political and Social Research.
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|