Lehmann Workshop [videorecording] : the traditional eastern European Jewish book, 1500-1900 / Moshe Rosman ; the Ninth Annual Manfred R. Lehmann Memorial Master Workshop in the History of the Jewish book ; The Jewish Studies Program at the University of Pennsylvania Library and the Center for Advanced Judaic Studies at the University of Pennsylvania.
- Other Title:
- Traditional eastern European Jewish book, 1500-1900 [videorecording]
Ninth Annual Manfred R. Lehmann Memorial Master Workshop in the History of the Jewish book : the Traditional eastern European Jewish book, 1500-1900 [videorecording]
Title on container spine: Lehmann Workshop, May 10-11, 2009 [videorecording]
- [Philadelphia, PA] : www.walshvideo.com, 2009.
- Conference Name:
- Manfred R. Lehmann Memorial Master Workshop in the History of the Jewish Book (9th : 2009 : Philadelphia, Pa.)
6 videodiscs (691 min.) : sd., col. ; 4 3/4 in.
Ashkenazi, Yaakov ben Yitzchak, 1550-1628. Tsenerene.
Jews -- Europe, Eastern -- Intellectual life.
Jewish women -- Europe, Eastern -- Intellectual life.
Jewish printers -- Europe, Eastern -- History.
Literacy -- Europe, Eastern -- History.
- In English.
- System Details:
- "The workshop will treat the Traditional Eastern European Jewish Book, 1500-1900, by focusing on three principle types: Rabbinic and Hasidic books, and those for women. Sessions will survey each category, analyzing their subjects, forms, and social and cultural roles, and will highlight the printing, reception history, and cultural/social significance of one central book for each type: the Talmud, the Tze'ena U're'ena, and Shivhei haBesht."--Workshop prospectus, on the website of the Jewish Studies Program at the University of Pennsylvania.
- [Disc 1] Session 1. The early modern Polish-Jewish library
[disc 2] Session 2. The dilemmas of print
[disc 3] Session 3. Book producers and consumers
[disc 4] Session 4. What was the purpose of the early Hasidic book?
[disc 5] Session 5. Shivhei HaBesht : stories that changed history
[disc 6] Session 6. Books by, for and about women?
- Recorded by Kevin Walsh.
- Videodisc release of all the proceedings of the workshop held May 10-11, 2009.
Cataloged chiefly from container.
- Rosman, Murray Jay. , Screenwriter, Author, Speaker
University of Pennsylvania. Jewish Studies Program. , Producer
University of Pennsylvania. Libraries. , Producer
University of Pennsylvania. Center for Advanced Judaic Studies. , Producer
Walsh Video. , Producer
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|