Gattaca [videorecording] / Columbia Pictures presents a Jersey Films production ; a film by Andrew Niccol ; produced by Danny DeVito, Michael Shamberg, Stacey Sher ; written and directed by Andrew Niccol.
- Special ed. ; anamorphic widescreen.
- Culver City, Calif. : Sony Pictures Home Entertainment, c2008.
1 videodisc (106 min.) : sd., col. ; 4 3/4 in.
- Genetic engineering -- Drama.
DNA fingerprinting -- Drama.
Identity theft -- Drama.
Outer space -- Exploration -- Drama.
Man-woman relationships -- Drama.
- Feature films.
Science fiction films.
Thrillers (Motion pictures)
Video recordings for the hearing impaired.
- English, dubbed French, dubbed Portuguese and dubbed Spanish soundtracks with optional English, French, Portuguese or Spanish subtitles.
- System Details:
- DVD, NTSC, region 1; Dolby Digital 5.1 surround.
- As one of the last "natural" beings born into a genetically engineered world, Vincent Freeman has none of the 'pre-ordered' DNA that will guarantee him success. Desperate to realize his dream of exploring space, Vincent assumes the identity of a genetically superior athlete. Avoiding detection using the athlete's genetic markers, Vincent becomes a rising star at Gattaca Aerospace, attracting the attention of a beautiful co-worker. When a flight director is brutally murdered, a clue left at the crime scene threatens to shatter Vincent's plans.
- Ethan Hawke, Uma Thurman, Alan Arkin, Jude Law, Loren Dean, Gore Vidal, Ernest Borgnine, Blair Underwood, Xander Berkeley, Tony Shalhoub.
- Director of photography, Slawomir Idziak ; editor, Lisa Zeno Churgin ; music composer and conductor, Michael Nyman.
- DVD release of the 1997 motion picture.
Special features: "Welcome to Gattaca" featurette; "Do not alter?" documentary; original featurette; deleted scenes; substance test outtake.
- Niccol, Andrew. , Director, Screenwriter
DeVito, Danny. , Producer
Shamberg, Michael. , Producer
Sher, Stacey. , Producer
Hawke, Ethan, 1970- , Actor
Thurman, Uma. , Actor
Arkin, Alan. , Actor
Law, Jude, 1972- , Actor
Dean, Loren, 1969- , Actor
Vidal, Gore, 1925- , Actor
Borgnine, Ernest, 1917- , Actor
Shalhoub, Tony, 1953- , Actor
Underwood, Blair. , Actor
Berkeley, Xander, 1955- , Actor
Idziak, Slawomir. , Cinematographer
Churgin, Lisa Zeno, 1955- , Editor
Nyman, Michael. , Composer
Columbia Pictures Corporation. , Producer
Jersey Films. , Producer
Sony Pictures Home Entertainment (Firm) , Distributor
- Publisher Number:
23888 Sony Pictures Home Entertainment
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|