The unfortunate bride [videorecording] = Die ungluckliche Kale / Lynn Productions presents ; directed by Harry Lynn.
- Other Title:
- Ungluckliche Kale [videorecording]
- New version.
- [S.l. : s.n., ca. 2008].
1 videodisc (65 min.) : sd., b&w ; 4 3/4 in.
- Libin, Z. (Zalman), 1872-1955 -- Film adaptations.
Man-woman relationships -- Drama.
Immigrants -- United States -- Drama.
Motion pictures, Yiddish.
- Feature films.
Melodramas (Motion pictures)
- In Yiddish with English subtitles; opening credits chiefly in English.
- System Details:
- DVD-R; Seiden sound system.
- An immigrant, after fleeing to the US to elude the Cossacks, becomes a successful journalist, falls in love with a woman who defies and alienates her parents because she rejected a rich unattractive suitor. The immigrant forgets the wife he has left in Russia and happily marries. Subsequently he discovers that his Russian wife is still alive. He goes back to Russia. American wife divorces him and marries the suitor that disgusts her.
- Maurice Schwartz, Lila Lee, Wolf Goldfaden, Pena Abramowitz.
- Photography, Sam Rosen; literary editor, Abraham Armband; music, Art Shryer.
- Videodisc release of the motion picture produced in 1932.
Based on the stage play Gebrokhene hertser = Broken hearts / by Zalman Libin; a remake of the 1926 silent film.
"Prelude" (a spoken and sung introduction) features Michael Rosenberg, Lillian Karen, and Bernard Holtzman.
- Local notes:
- Freedman Archive Collection. Disc V0177.
- Lynn, Henry. , Director, Producer
Schwartz, Maurice, 1890-1960. , Actor
Lee, Lila. , Actor
Goldfaden, Wolf. , Actor
Abramowitz, Pena. , Actor
Shryer, Art. , Composer, Performer
Rosenberg, Michael. , Actor, Performer
Karen, Lillian. , Actor, Performer
Holtzman, Bernard. , Actor, Performer
Libin, Z. (Zalman), 1872-1955. , Author
Robert and Molly Freedman Jewish Music Archive.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|