Man cheng jin dai huang jin jia [videorecording] = Curse of the golden flower / Beijing New Picture Film Co. ; EDKO Film Ltd. ; Elite Group Enterprises ; Film Partner International ; produced by William Kong, Weiping Zhang, Yimou Zhang ; written by Yimou Zhang ; directed by Yimou Zhang. = 滿城盡帶黃金甲 [videorecording] = Curse of the golden flower / 環球電影夥伴有限公司, 安樂影片有限公司, 北京新畫面影業有限公司出品 ; 監製/製片人, 江志強, 張偉平.
- Other Title:
- Curse of the golden flower [viderecording]
- Anamorphic widescreen presentation.
- Culver City, Calif. : Sony Pictures Home Entertainment, 2007, c2006.
1 videodisc (114 min.) : sd., col. ; 4 3/4 in.
- China -- Kings and rulers -- Drama.
Chrysanthemums -- China -- Drama.
Fathers and sons -- China -- Drama.
Man-woman relationships -- China -- Beijing -- Drama.
Forbidden City (Beijing, China) -- Drama.
Surprise (Military science) -- China -- Beijing -- Drama.
Beijing (China) -- Drama.
- Feature films.
Action and adventure films.
Video recordings for the hearing impaired.
- Dialogue in Chinese or English with optional subtitles in English or French.
- System Details:
- DVD; region 1; 5.1 Dolby Digital; mastered in high definition.
- China, Later Tang Dynasty, 10th Century. On the eve of the Chong Yang Festival, golden flowers fill the Imperial Palace. The Emperor returns unexpectedly with his second son, Prince Jai. His pretext is to celebrate the holiday with his family, but given the chilled relations between the Emperor and the ailing Empress, this seems disingenuous. For many years, the Empress and Crown Prince Wan, her stepson, have had an illicit liaison. Feeling trapped, Prince Wan dreams of escaping the palace with his secret love Chan, the Imperial Doctor's daughter. Meanwhile, faithful son Prince Jai, grows worried over the Empress's health and her obsession with golden chrysanthemums. The Emperor harbors equally clandestine plans and the Imperial Doctor is the only one privy to his machinations. When the Emperor senses a looming threat, he relocates the doctor's family from the Palace to a remote area. They are attacked by mysterious assassins and Chan and her mother are forced back to the palace. Their return sets off a tumultuous sequence of dark surprises. Amid the glamour and grandeur of the festival, ugly secrets are revealed. As the Imperial Family continues its elaborate charade in a palatial setting, thousands of golden armored warriors charge the palace.
- Jin Chen, Jay Chou, Yun-Fat Chow, Li Gong, Qin Junjie, Man Li, Ye Liu, Dahong Ni.
- Director of photography, Xiaoding Zhao ; music, Shigeru Umebayashi ; costume designer, Chung Man Yee ; production designer, Tingxiao Huo.
- Based on the play by Yu Cao.
Aspect ratio 2.35:1.
Originally produced as a motion picture in 2006.
- Zhang, Yimou. , Director, Screenwriter, Producer
Kong, Bill. , Producer
Zhang, Weiping. , Producer
Cao, Yu. , Screenwriter
Chen, Jin. , Actor
Zhou, Jielun, 1979-
Chow, Yun-fat. , Actor
Gong, Li, 1965- , Actor
Junjie, Qin. , Actor
Li, Man. , Actor
Liu, Ye, 1978- , Actor
Ni, Dahong. , Actor
Beijing xin hua mian ying ye you xian gong si.
Edko Films. , Producer
Elite Group Enterprises. , Producer
Film Partner International. , Producer
Sony Pictures Home Entertainment (Firm) , Producer
Beijing xin hua mian ying ye you xian gong si
- Publisher Number:
16726 Sony Pictures Home Entertainment
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|