A poet on the frontline [videorecording] : the reportage of Ryszard Kapuscinski / a film by Gabrielle Pfeiffer; a production of Epix Film Production, Inc. and the New York Center for Visual History ; directed, produced by Gabrielle Pfeiffer
- [S.l.] : Gabrielle Pfeiffer, 2004.
1 videodisc (62 min. ) : sd., b&w ; 4 3/4 in.
- Kapuściński, Ryszard.
Journalists -- Poland -- Biography.
- Documentary films.
- In English and some Polish with English voiceover.
- System Details:
- DVD-R, NTSC.
- A documentary portrait of writer Ryszard Kapuscinski. This program will introduce audiences to the famous daredevil war correspondent and one of the world's most important contemporary literary figures. Known as "Indiana Jones with a notepad," Kapuscinski is a legend among his peers who has been looking for the truths of human experience in the most dangerous places. Filmmaker Gabrielle Pfeiffer traveled with Kapuscinski in four countries, capturing his true character, his passion, his humor and his demons. Her film interweaves Kapuscinski's childhood as a refugee in Poland during WWII, with his later experiences on the battlefields of the Third World, in a poetic reverie of the tragedy and the absurdity of war. It also looks at the lines between journalism and literature, and challenges of the writer in the face of censorship.
- Texts read by Gavin Hodge.
- Editor, Holly Fisher ; director of photography, Tom Hurwitz ; music by T.O. Sterrett.
- DVD release of program originally produced for television in 2004.
- Local notes:
- Acquired for the Penn Libraries with assistance from the Rosengarten Family Fund.
- Pfeiffer, Gabrielle. , Producer, Director
Hodge, Gavin. , Narrator
Kapuściński, Ryszard. , Associated name
Fisher, Holly. , Editor
Hurwitz, Tom. , Cinematographer
Sterrett, T. O. , Composer
Epix Film Production. , Producer
New York Center for Visual History. , Producer
Rosengarten Family Fund.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|