Twenty sermons on social duties, and their opposite vices ... / by Patrick Delany ...
- The second edition, in which the five last sermons are now first printed.
- London : Printed for John and James Rivington ..., MDCCXLVII 
, xiii-xvi, , iii-xvi, 436,  p. ; 21 cm. (8vo)
- t.t. rein ats, gisa (3) 1747 (R)
- Sociology, Christian -- Early works to 1800.
Tithes -- Great Britain.
- Place of Publication:
- England London.
- (from t.p.) I. On the necessity of absolute righteousness to social honesty
II. III. The duties of the married state
IV. V. VI. VII. The duty of parents
VII. IX. The duty of children
X. The duty of servants
XI. The duty of masters
XII. XIII. Duty of paying debts
XIV. The duty of rulers
XV. The mutual duty of prince and people
XVI. Avarice inconsistent with religion and social duty
XVII. The importance and wisdom of early industry
XVIII. The nature and character of envy
XIX. XX. The true nature of pride.
- "A new edition of 'Fifteen sermons upon social duties' 1744 and 'Five sermons on the following subjects;' 1747."--ESTC.
"Fifteen sermons upon social duties" has special t.p. which reads: Fifteen sermons upon social duties. By the author of The life of David. London: Printed for J. Rivington, at the Bible and Crown in St. Paul's Church-Yard. MDCCXLIV.
Signatures: pi⁴ A-U⁸ X⁸(-X8) Y-2E⁸ 2F⁴.
Half-title on leaf A1.
P. 381 numbered 781.
Advertisement on leaf 2F4.
- Local notes:
- Penn Libraries copy bound in full calf; 5 raised bands on spine; brief title ("Delany On social duties") stamped in gold on spine; gold-tooled cover edges; all edges stippled red; yellow silk marker.
Penn Libraries copy has autograph ("VanSittart Neale") on front free endpaper.
Penn Libraries copy: upper board detached; wormhole in tail margin of leaves 2A4-2F4, back free endpaper and back pastedown.
- Penn Provenance:
- Elias, Archibald C. (donor)
Neale, VanSittarat (autograph)
- Penn Chronology:
- Cited in:
- ESTC T103193
- John and James Rivington (Firm), bookseller.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|