Flushed away [videorecording] / DreamWorks Animation ; Aardman Animations ; DreakWorks SKG ; produced by Cecil Kramer, Peter Lord, David Sproxton ; story by Sam Fell and Peter Lord and Dick Clement & Ian La Frenais ; screenplay by Dick Clement & Ian La Frenais and Chris Lloyd & Joe Keenen and Will Davies ; directed by David Bowers, Sam Fell.
- Widescreen presentation.
- Glendale, Calif. : DreamWorks Pictures, .
1 videodisc (84 min.) : sd., col. ; 4 3/4 in.
- Mice as pets -- Drama.
Rattus norvegicus -- England -- London -- Drama.
Sewerage -- England -- London -- Drama.
Ragpickers -- England -- London -- Drama.
Cousins -- Drama.
Kensington (London, England) -- Drama.
- Feature films.
Action and adventure films.
Video recordings for the hearing impaired.
- In English, French, or Spanish, with optional English, French, or Spanish subtitles.
- System Details:
- DVD ; region 1 ; Dolby Digital 5.1 surround, Dolby Digital 2.0 stereo Surround.
- Roddy is a decidedly upper-crust "society mouse" who lives the life of a pampered pet in a posh Kensington flat. When a sewer rat named Sid comes out of the sink, he decides he had hit the jackpot. Roddy schemes to rid himself of Sid by luring him into the "whirlpool." Sid may be an ignorant slob, but he's no fool, but it is Roddy who winds up being flushed away into the bustling sewer world of Ratropolis. There Roddy meets Rita, an enterprising scavenger who works the sewers in the Jammy Dodger, her faithful boat. Roddy immediately wants out, or rather, up. Trouble comes in the form of the villainous Toad -- who royally despises all rodents. The Toad dispatches his two hapless hench-rats, Spike and Whitey, to get the job done. When they fail, the Toad has no choice but to send to France for his cousin, Le Frog, the dreaded mercenary.
- Special features: Widescreen version
21 games and challenges (including Soccer showdown, Belched away, Sludge buster, Ice maker, Disco Le Frog)
All-new animated slug songs
Learn to build a slug.
- Hugh Jackman, Kate Winslet, Ian McKellen, Jean Reno, Bill Nighy, Andy Serkis, Shane Richie.
- Directors of photography, Brad Blackbourn, Frank Passingham ; editors, Eric Dapkewicz, John Venzon ; original music, Harry Gregson-Williams ; costume designer, Jane Poole ; production designer, David James ; visual effects supervisor, Wendy Rogers ; animators, Manuel Almela, Chris Capel, Greg Whittaker.
- Special features: filmmaker commentary ; new animated slug songs ; from clay to CG: a technical journey ; Jammy Dodger fly-thru ; "Meet the cast" featurette ; animator's gallery ; behind-the-scenes interactive tour ; DWA jukebox ; trailers ; learn to draw Roddy ; music of 'Flushed away' ; DVD-ROM: "Flushed away underground adventure" game ; "A maze of pipes" game ; build-a-slug.
DVD release of the 2006 motion picture.
- Bowers, David. , Director
Lord, Peter, 1953- , Producer
Fell, Sam. , Director, Screenwriter
Clement, Dick. , Screenwriter
La Frenais, Ian. , Screenwriter
Lloyd, Chris. , Screenwriter
Keenan, Joe. , Screenwriter
Davies, William. , Screenwriter
Jackman, Hugh. , Actor
Winslet, Kate. , Actor
McKellen, Ian. , Actor
Reno, Jean, 1948- , Actor
Nighy, Bill, 1949- , Actor
Serkis, Andy. , Actor
Richie, Shane, 1964- , Actor
Gregson-Williams, Harry. , Composer
DreamWorks Animation. , Producer
Aardman Animations (Firm). , Producer
Dreamworks Pictures. , Producer
Paramount Home Entertainment (Firm) , Distributor
- Publisher Number:
11768 DreamWorks Pictures
117684 DreamWorks Pictures