The politics of baseball : essays on the pastime and power at home and abroad / edited by Ron Briley.
- Jefferson, N.C. : McFarland & Co., c2010.
vi, 250 p. : ill. ; 23 cm.
- Baseball -- Social aspects -- United States.
Baseball -- Political aspects -- United States.
- "This collection of sixteen essays looks at the sport from the perspectives of race, sexual orientation, economic power, social class, imperialism, nationalism, and international diplomacy. The essays underscore the point that baseball is not just a form of entertainment, but a major part of the culture and power struggles of American life as well as the nation's footprint"--Provided by publisher.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Briley, Ron, 1949-
- 9780786441297 (softcover : alk. paper)
0786441291 (softcover : alk. paper)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|