The experienced English housekeeper : for the use and ease of ladies, housekeepers, cooks, &c. written purely from practice : dedicated to the Hon. Lady Elizabeth Warburton, whom the author lately served as housekeeper : consisting of several hundred original receipts, most of which never appeared in print .... / by Elizabeth Raffald.
- A new editon in which are inserted some celebrated receipts by other modern authors.
- London : Printed for W. Osborne and T. Griffin, MDCCXCVIII 
vii, , 398,  p.,  leaves of plates (some folded) : ill., port. ; 19 cm (12mo)
- dath saut nay, wisu (3) 1798 (R)
- Cooking, English -- Early works to 1800.
Home economics -- Early works to 1800.
- Cookbooks -- 1798.
- Place of Publication:
- England London.
- (from t.p.) Part I. Lemon pickle, browning for all sorts of made dishes, soups, fish, plain meat, game, made dishes, both hot and cold, pies, puddings, &c.
Part II. All kinds of confectionary, particularly the gold and silver web for covering of sweetmeats, and a desert of spun sugar, with directions to set out a table in the most elegant manner, and in the modern taste, floating islands, fish ponds, transparent puddings, trifles, whips, &c.
Part III. Pickling, potting, and collaring, wines, vinegars, catchups, distilling, with two most valuable receipts, one for refining malt liquors, the other for curing acid wines, and a correct correct list of every thing in season for every month of the year.
- Includes index.
Signatures: A⁴ B-R¹² S⁸.
- Local notes:
- Blank Collection copy has bookplate of Chef Fritz Blank.
Blank Collection copy has portion of plate  torn off.
Blank Collection copy wanting final blank leaf (S8)
Blank Collection copy has leaves G11-12 stuck together.
Blank Collection copy has old loose handwritten recipes now removed to Chef Fritz Blank Ephemera Collection Box 3.
- Penn Provenance:
- Blank, Fritz (bookplate) (donor) (Blank Collection copy)
- Penn Chronology:
- Cited in:
- ESTC T190344
- Osborne, William, active 1800 bookseller.
Griffin, T., active 1783-1799 bookseller.
Chef Fritz Blank Culinary Archive and Library (University of Pennsylvania)
Culinary Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|