The guardian ...
- London : Printed for J. and R. Tonson and S. Draper, MDCCXLV 
2 v. ; 17 cm. (12mo)
- b-ly ksto eIll onMa (3) 1745 (R) v.1
- English periodicals.
English literature -- 18th century -- Periodicals.
- Advertisements -- England -- London -- 18th century.
- Place of Publication:
- England London.
- v. 1. no. 1-82 (Mar. 12-June 15, 1713)
v. 2. no. 83-175 (June 16-Oct. 1, 1713).
- Originally issued in 175 numbers, March 12 to Oct. 1, 1713, daily except Sunday; 82 numbers are by Steele, 53 by Addison, and the rest by Berkeley and others.
Signatures: v. 1: A-P¹² Q⁶.
Woodcut title vignette, factotums, head- and tail-pieces.
Title within border of double rules.
Advertisement on verso of title leaf of v. 1.
- Local notes:
- Penn Libraries copy imperfect: v. 1 only.
Penn Libraries copy has bookplate of Archibald Elias and label of Grierson Family Books on back pastedown.
- Penn Provenance:
- Elias, Archibald C. (bookplate) (donor)
Grierson Family Books (label)
- Penn Chronology:
- Cited in:
- ESTC T97927
- Addison, Joseph, 1672-1719.
Steele, Richard, Sir, 1672-1729.
Draper, Somerset, bookseller.
J. and R. Tonson, bookseller.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|