The lady's assistant for regulating and supplying the table : being a complete system of cookery containing the most select bills of fare, properly disposed, for family dinners of five dishes to two courses of eleven and fifteen with bills of fare for suppers, from five to nineteen dishes, and several desserts including the fullest and choicest receipts of various kinds ... : likewise, directions for brewing, making English wines, raspberry, orange, and lemon-brandies, &c. also, remarks on kitchen poisons, and necessary cautions thereon / originally published from the manuscript collection of Mrs. Charlotte Mason ...
- Other records:
- The eighth edition, enlarged, corrected, and improved to the present time.
- London : Printed by C. Whittingham ... for J. Walter [and 13 others], 1801.
4, , 422, 25,  p. ; 21 cm. (8vo)
- Cooking, English.
Cooking -- Early works to 1800.
- Place of Publication:
- England London.
- Signatures pi⁸ a² B-2G⁸ 2H².
- Local notes:
- Blank Collection copy has bookplate of Chef Fritz Blank.
Blank Collection copy has bookplate of James Beard.
Blank Collection copy has bookplate of Edith M. Barber.
Blank Collection copy has book dealer description card which is now housed in the Chef Fritz Blank Ephemera Collection Box 2.
- Penn Provenance:
- Blank, Fritz (bookplate) (donor)
Beard, James, 1903-1985 (bookplate)
Barber, Edith M. (bookplate)
- Penn Chronology:
- Chef Fritz Blank Culinary Archive and Library (University of Pennsylvania)
Culinary Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|