Capitalism [videorecording] : a love story / Overture Films and Paramount Vantage present ; in association with the Weinstein Company ; a Dog Eat Dog Films production ; produced by Anne Moore ; co-producers, Rod Birleson, John Hardesty ; written, produced and directed by Michael Moore.
- Anamorphic widescreen presentation.
- Beverly Hills, CA : Anchor Bay Entertainment, c2010.
1 videodisc (127 min.) : sd., col. with b&w sequences; 4 3/4 in.
- Capitalism -- United States.
Capitalism -- Moral and ethical aspects.
Capitalism -- Social aspects.
Capitalists and financiers -- United States.
Unemployment -- United States.
Unemployed -- United States.
United States -- Economic conditions -- 2001-2009.
United States -- Economic policy -- 2001-2009.
United States -- Politics and government -- 2001-2009.
- Documentary films.
Video recordings for the hearing impaired.
- In English with optional subtitles in Spanish and English.
- System Details:
- DVD; NTSC, Region 1; Dolby Digital 5.1.
- Filmmaker Moore examines the history of free-market capitalism in post-Reagan America and questions its efficacy as the basis for the nation's economy.
- Imperial parallels
What is capitalism?
New sheriff in town
General Motors revisited
Jail a kid for profit
Mike gets religion
The Plutonomy theory
Democracy at work
Derivatives for dummies
Greenspan gone wild!
From red tape to robbery
Friends of Angelo
Elite crime spree
American financial meltdown
Wall Street's ruling class
Financial coup d'état
Eat the rich
The spectre of socialism
Seeds of revolution
Workers occupy factory
FDR's economic bill of rights
Special features: Sorry, house-flippers and banks, you're toast in Flint, MI
Congressman Cummings dares to speak the unspeakable
The omnivore's dilemma? It's capitalism
The rich don't go to heaven (there's a special place reserved for them)
How to run the place where you work
Commie taxi drivers - You talkin' to me? - in Wisconsin
What if, just if, we had listened to Jimmy Carter in 1979?
The socialist bank of - North Dakota?
The banks kick them out, Max kicks them back in
NY times Pulitzer Prize winner Chris Hedges on the killing machine known as capitalism.
- Michael Moore.
- Directors of photography, Daniel Marracino, Jayme Roy ; editors, Jessica Brunetto, Alex Meillier, Tanya Meillier, Pablo Proenza, T. Woody Richman, John W. Walter, Conor O'Neill ; music, Jeff Gibbs.
- DVD release of the 2009 motion picture.
Aspect ratio 1.78:1.
- Moore, Michael, 1954 Apr. 23- , Director, Producer, Screenwriter, Narrator
Moore, Anne. , Producer
Birleson, Rod. , Producer
Hardesty, John. , Producer
Marracino, Daniel. , Cinematographer
Roy, Jayme. , Cinematographer
Brunetto, Jessica. , Editor
Meillier, Alex. , Editor
Meillier, Tanya. , Editor
Proenza, Pablo. , Editor
Richman, T. Woody. , Editor
Walter, John W. , Editor
O'Neill, Conor. , Editor
Gibbs, Jeff. , Composer
Paramount Vantage. , Producer
Overture Films. , Producer
Weinstein Company. , Producer
Dog Eat Dog Films. , Producer
Anchor Bay Entertainment, Inc. , Distributor
- Publisher Number:
ZDV80021 Anchor Bay Entertainment
OV21365 Overture Films
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|