Dragon seed [videorecording] / Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer presents ; produced by Pandro S. Berman ; screen play by Marguerite Roberts and Jane Murfin ; directed by Jack Conway and Harold S. Buquet.
- Standard version.
- Burbank, CA : Warner Home Video, c2007.
- Katharine Hepburn 100th anniversary collection ; disc 3.
Katharine Hepburn 100th anniversary collection ; disc 3
1 videodisc (148 min.) : sd., b&w ; 4 3/4 in.
- Buck, Pearl S. (Pearl Sydenstricker), 1892-1973 -- Film adaptations.
Sino-Japanese War, 1937-1945 -- Drama.
China -- Social life and customs -- 1912-1949 -- Drama.
Women -- Social conditions -- Drama.
Women -- China -- Drama.
China -- Drama.
- War films.
Melodramas (Motion pictures)
Video recordings for the hearing impaired.
- In English; optional subtitles in English or French.
Closed-captioned for the hearing impaired.
- System Details:
- DVD, NTSC, Region 1; Dolby Digital mono.
- A peaceful village in China is invaded by the Japanese prior to World War II. The men in the village choose to adopt a peaceful attitude toward their conquerors. But Jade is a headstrong young woman who intends to stand up to the Japanese whether her husband Lao Er approves or not. She even goes so far as to learn to read and to handle a weapon, so that she may be properly equipped for both the psychological and physical combat. Jade's attitude spreads to the rest of the village, convincing even the staunchest of male traditionalist that the Japanese can be defeated only by offering a strong united front-male and female. Alas, there are a few Quislings in their midst, notably avaricious merchant Wu Lien, who learns all too late the terrible cost of collaboration.
- Katharine Hepburn, Walter Huston, Aline MacMahon, Akim Tamiroff, Turhan Bey, Hurd Hatfield, J. Carrol Naish, Agnes Moorehead, Henry Travers, Robert Bice, Robert Lewis, Frances Rafferty, Jacqueline de Wit.
- Director of photography, Sidney Wagner; editor, Harold F. Kress; music, Herbert Stothart.
- Videodisc release of the motion picture produced in 1944.
Based on Dragon seed / by Pearl S. Buck.
Special features: Twenty years after : a new romance of celluloid [short film]; Happy-go-nutty [cartoon]; original theatrical trailer.
Aspect ratio 1.33:1.
- Berman, Pandro S., 1905-1996 , Producer
Roberts, Marguerite, d. 1989. , Adapter, Screenwriter
Murfin, Jane, d. 1955. , Adapter, Screenwriter
Conway, Jack, 1887-1952. , Director
Bucquet, Harold S., 1891-1946. , Director
Hepburn, Katharine, 1907-2003 , Actor
Huston, Walter, 1884-1950 , Actor
MacMahon, Aline, 1899-1991 , Actor
Tamiroff, Akim, 1899-1972. , Actor
Bey, Turhan, 1920- , Actor
Hatfield, Hurd, 1918-1998 , Actor
Stothart, Herbert, 1885-1949 , Composer
Buck, Pearl S. (Pearl Sydenstricker), 1892-1973. , Author
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Pictures. , Producer
Warner Home Video (Firm). , Distributor
- 141984833X (set)
- Publisher Number:
- 012569796621 (set)
113704 Warner Home Video (set)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|