The art of the steal [videorecording] / MAJ Production in association with 9.14 Pictures ; produced by Sheena M. Joyce ; directed and photographed by Don Argott.
- New York : IFC in Theaters : MPI Media Group, c2010.
1 videodisc (101 min.) : sd., col. ; 4 3/4 in.
- Barnes Foundation.
Art museums -- Pennsylvania -- Philadelphia.
Art schools -- Pennsylvania -- Philadelphia.
- Documentary films.
Video recordings for the hearing impaired.
Feature films -- United States.
- English dialogue; Spanish or English subtitles.
- System Details:
- DVD, NTSC, region 1, Dolby Digital English 2.0.
- It's been called the greatest theft of art since the Second World War. Reveals how a private collection of paintings became the envy of the Louvre, the Metropolitan Museum of Art, and other major institutions, and the prize in a battle between one man's vision and the forces of commerce and politics. Founded in 1922 by wealthy American drug developer and art collector Albert C. Barnes, the Barnes Foundation became the finest collection of paintings by Renoir, Cezanne, Matisse, and Van Gogh.
- DVD release of the 2009 motion picture.
Originally released as a motion picture in 2009.
Bonus feature: trailer.
"Official selection Toronto Film Festival 2009."
"Official selection New York Film Festival 2009."
"Official selection AFI Film Festival 2009."
- Local notes:
- Athenaeum copy: Gemmill fund bookplate.
- Argott, Don. , Director, Cinematographer
Joyce, Sheena M. , Producer
MAJ Productions. , Producer
9.14 Pictures. , Producer
MPI Media Group. , Producer
IFC Films. , Distributor
MPI Media Group.
- Publisher Number:
IFC9833 IFC Films
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|