EU civilian crisis management : the record so far / Christopher S. Chivvis.
- Other Title:
- European Union civilian crisis management
- Santa Monica, CA : RAND, c2010.
- Rand Corporation monograph series ; MG-945-OSD.
Rand Corporation monograph series ; MG-945-OSD
xvi, 52 p. : ill. (chiefly col.), col. map ; 23 cm.
- Civil-military relations -- European Union countries.
European Union countries -- Military policy.
North Atlantic Treaty Organization.
Crisis management -- European Union countries.
Postwar reconstruction -- Afghanistan.
Postwar reconstruction -- Kosovo (Republic).
- "The European Union has been deploying civilians in conflict and postconflict stabilization missions since 2003, and the scope of civilian missions is likely to increase in the future. This volume offers a general overview and assessment of the EU's civilian operations to date, as well as a more in-depth look at the two missions in which the EU has worked alongside NATO: the EU police-training mission in Afghanistan and the integrated rule of law mission in Kosovo. The author concludes with a discussion of the main policy implications for the United States and Europe."--Rand web site.
- The European Union's civilian-military capabilities
The EU's civilian aspirations
General record so far
Rule of law missions
Civil administration missions
Security sector reform
Civilian response teams
Overcoming the EU's staffing problems
EU added value on civilian missions : generic considerations
EU's added value : considerations for the United States
The NATO-EU impasse
Military vs. civilian?
- "MG-945-OSD"--P.  of cover.
"National Defense Research Institute."
Includes bibliographical references (P. 49-52).
- Rand Corporation.
National Defense Research Institute (U.S.)
United States. Dept. of Defense. Office of the Secretary of Defense.
- 9780833049193 (pbk. : alk. paper)
0833049194 (pbk. : alk. paper)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|