Sylvia Scarlett [videorecording] / an RKO Radio Picture ; produced by Pandro S. Berman ; screen play by Gladys Unger, John Collier and Mortimer Offner ; directed by George Cukor.
- Standard version.
- Burbank, CA : distributed by Warner Home Video, c2007.
- Katharine Hepburn 100th anniversary collection ; disc 5.
Katharine Hepburn 100th anniversary collection : disc 5
1 videodisc (94 min.) : sd., b&w ; 4 3/4 in.
- Mackenzie, Compton, Sir, 1883-1972 -- Film adaptations.
Fathers and daughters -- England -- London -- Drama.
Thieves -- England -- London -- Drama.
Male impersonators -- England -- London -- Drama.
Swindlers and swindling -- England -- London -- Drama.
Man-woman relationships -- Drama.
- Romantic comedy films.
Video recordings for the hearing impaired.
- In English; optional subtitles in English or French.
Closed-captioned for the hearing impaired.
- System Details:
- DVD, NTSC, Region 1; Dolby Digital mono.
- Sylvia has stolen some expensive lace which they hope to smuggle from France to England. To elude police, she cuts her hair short and disguises herself as a man. She and her father Henry, board a ship, and a drunken Henry confesses their scheme to Jimmy Monkley, a jewel smuggler. To divert attention away from him, Jimmy snitches on Henry to the customs officials, and Henry has to pay up or be arrested. Later, Sylvia confronts Jimmy on a train and punches him. Jimmy apologizes and cuts them in on a scheme to steal jewels from a wealthy family, using his friend Maudie, a maid in the house. But Sylvia, still disguised as a man, talks Maudie out of it, and she responds with a kiss. Maudie and Sylvia's father fall in love and Maudie, an aspiring actress, invests money in a show to open in a seaside resort. There they are invited to the mansion of a wealthy artist, Michael Fane, who is unsettled by Sylvia's obvious affections before finally discovering that she's a woman.
- Katharine Hepburn, Cary Grant, Brian Aherne, Edmund Gwenn.
- Director of photography, Joseph August; editor, Jane Loring; music, Roy Webb.
- Title from disc label.
Videodisc release of the motion picture produced in 1936.
Based on The early life and adventures of Sylvia Scarlett / by Compton MacKenzie.
Special features: short film, Los Angeles: wonder city of the West : a FitzPatrick Traveltalk [short film]; Alias St. Nick [cartoon]
Aspect ration 1.33:1.
- Cukor, George, 1899-1983 , Director
Unger, Gladys, d. 1940. , Adapter, Screenwriter
Collier, John, 1901-1980. , Adapter, Screenwriter
Offner, Mortimer. , Adapter, Screenwriter
Berman, Pandro S., 1905-1996 , Producer
Hepburn, Katharine, 1907-2003 , Actor
Grant, Cary, 1904-1986 , Actor
Aherne, Brian. , Actor
Gwenn, Edmund, 1875-1959 , Actor
Webb, Roy, 1888-1982 , Composer
Mackenzie, Compton, Sir, 1883-1972. , Author
RKO Radio Pictures. , Producer
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer. , Producer
Warner Home Video (Firm). , Distributor
- Los Angeles, wonder city of the West [videorecording]
Alias St. Nick [videorecording]
- 141984833X (set)
- Publisher Number:
- 085391137047 (set)
113704 Warner Home Video (set)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|