The landed-man's assistant. or, The stewards vade mecum : containing the newest, most plain and perspicuous method, of keeping the accompts of gentlemen's estates, yet extant. Very useful for all gentlemen, lawyers, cashiers, bailiffs, rent-gatherers, and others : Being a compendious form of taking a survey of an estate in hand, rack-rents, high-rents, or upon lives, with an abstract of the same: also an inventory of cash, stock, debts, &c. The method of entering lives dropt, and new leases granted; together with a cash-book, and an abstract of receipts and disbursements; also the method of charging and discharging each tenant's accompts, and to know what remains due from any of them / by Eeorge [sic] Clerke ...
- Other Title:
- Steward's vade mecum
- [Dublin] : London printed and Dublin reprinted by and for Samuel Fuller ..., 1728.
, 49 [i.e. 46]  pages,  folded leaves ; 19 cm. (8vo)
- E-to :0-- 0.is Ca-- (C) 1728 (A)
- Farm tenancy -- Accounting -- Law and legislation -- England -- Early works to 1800.
Agriculture -- Accounting -- Law and legislation -- England -- Early works to 1800.
Account books -- England -- Early works to 1800.
Bookkeeping -- Early works to 1800.
- Advertisements -- Ireland -- Dublin -- 18th century.
- Place of Publication:
- Ireland Dublin.
- Signatures: A-F⁴ G⁴(G2+chi1,chi2,chi3).
Unsigned folded leaves, numbered 46-48 follow p. ; recto of leaf E3 is numbered as page 49.
Title within border of double rules.
Even numbered rectos.
Woodcut factotum, head- and tail-pieces.
Advertisement on leaves G3v-G4v.
Leaf D2 signed c2.
- Local notes:
- RBC copy bound with: Laurence, Edward. The duty and office of a land steward. Dublin : Printed by and for Samuel Fuller ..., MDCCXXXI .
Imperfect: RBC copy has leaf 47 torn off with loss of all but a few characters of text.
RBC copy has ms. ownership inscription ("John Melvin his Book") and ms. calculations on leaf F4v; ms. inscriptions in the same hand on leaves G1r and G2r; pen test on leaf G2v.
- Penn Provenance:
- Elias, Archibald C. (donor) (RBC copy)
Melvin, John (autograph) (RBC copy)
- Penn Chronology:
- Cited in:
- ESTC T192891
- Fuller, Samuel, -approximately 1736, printer.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|