European green cars initiative : towards an electric future? / European Commsssion, Directorat-General for Research.
- Luxembourg : Publications Office of the European Union, 2010.
- Research policy (European Commission. Directorate-General for Research)
- Government document
43 p. : ill. ; 25 cm.
- Electric automobiles -- European Union countries.
Hybrid electric cars -- European Union countries.
Electric vehicles -- Government policy -- European Union countries.
- In a response to the severity of the current economic crisis, the European Commission has adopted a European Economy Recovery Plan to stimulate economic activity and employment. In this brochure you will find information on the European Green Cars Initiative, one of the measures of this plan, which supports the industries involved in the road transport sector. The initiative encompasses more than just technological research, and includes other types of measures, such as innovation and new incentives to support cleaner road transportation. The topics covered in the brochure deal exclusively with the research and development aspects, focusing on the three major research areas that are critical for success: the electrification of road and urban transport systems, road haulage and logistics. The aim of the brochure is to give you an appreciation of the current state of art and to explain how the European Green Cars Initiative will support further economic activity, preparing the future for a sustainable and clean transport system, ensuring European Leadership of automotive industry worldwide.--Publisher's description.
- The context
The European green cars initiative
Road and urban transport electrification
Other areas of the green cars initiative
- "European Commission, Directorate General for Research, Directorate H-Transport"--P.  of cover.
- European Commission. Directorate-General for Research. Directorate H--Transport.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|