Chinese novels : translated from the originals : to which are added proverbs and moral maxims, collected from their classical books and other sources : The whole prefaced by observations on the language and literature of China / By John Francis Davis, F.R.S.
- Other records:
- London : J. Murray, 1822.
, 250 p. ; 24 cm.
- Chinese literature -- Translations into English.
English literature -- Translations from Chinese.
- Observations on the language and literature of China.
The shadow in the water.
The twin sisters.
The three dedicated chambers.
Chinese proverbs, etc.
- Local notes:
- Acquired for the Penn Libraries with assistance from the Alumni and Friends Memorial Book Fund.
- Penn Provenance:
- Munro, Thomas, Sir (armorial bookplate)
- Penn Chronology:
- Collection of British and American Fiction, 1660-1830 (University of Pennsylvania)
Alumni and Friends Memorial Book Fund.
- Shadow in the water.
Three dedicated chambers.
- Other format:
- Online version: Davis, John Francis, Sir, 1795-1890. Chinese novels.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|