Leaving the world : a novel / Douglas Kennedy.
- 1st Atria pbk. ed.
- New York, NY : Atria Paperback, 2010.
480 p. ; 23 cm.
- Women college teachers -- Family relationships -- Fiction.
Women college teachers -- Psychology -- Fiction.
Motherhood -- Fiction.
Missing children -- Fiction.
- Domestic fiction.
- Jane Howard is a professor in Boston, in love with a brilliant, erratic man named Theo, and she becomes pregnant. Motherhood turns out to be a great welcome surprise--but when a devastating turn of events tears her existence apart she has no choice but to flee all she knows and leave the world. Just when she has renounced life itself, the disappearance of a young girl pulls her back from the edge and into an obsessive search for some sort of personal redemption. Convinced that she knows more about the case than the police do, she is forced to make a decision--stay hidden or bring to light a shattering truth.
- Originally published : London : Hutchinson, 2009.
Includes a Readers Club guide.
- 9781439180785 (trade pbk.) :
1439180784 (trade pbk.)
- Publisher Number:
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|