British cinema. Vol. 3 [videorecording] / a Renown Pictures presentation.
- Other Title:
- Title on container and DVD label: British cinema : drama. Vol. 3
Title on spine: British cinema collection
Also has title: British cinema. Vol. 3. Classic B film collections
- Special ed.
- [Tulsa, OK] : distributed by VCI Entertainment, c2010.
1 videodisc (345 min.) : sd., b&w ; 4 3/4 in.
- Maugham, Robin, 1916-1981 -- Film adaptations.
Hastings, Charlotte -- Film adaptations.
Christie, Dorothy, b. 1896 -- Film adaptations.
Christie, Campbell -- Film adaptations.
Man-woman relationships -- Drama.
Abused children -- Drama.
Foster parents -- Drama.
Conduct of life -- Drama.
Alcoholism -- Drama.
Spousal abuse -- Drama.
Horse racing -- Great Britain -- Drama.
Steeplechasing -- Great Britain -- Drama.
- Feature films.
Motion pictures, British.
Detective and mystery films.
- In English.
- System Details:
- DVD, NTSC, all regions; Dolby Digital.
- The rough and the smooth: A German nymphomaniac lures a British archeologist into a web of lust and betrayal.
The scamp: An abused child finds happiness with kindly foster parents.
Kill me tomorrow: A down-and-out alcoholic is dealt a hand of disaster after disaster, leading him to murder charges.
Grand National night: A woman is killed after a confrontation with her husband.
- Disc 1. The rough and the smooth / Renown Pictures Corporation ; George Minter presents ; screenplay by Audrey Erskine-Lindop and Dudley Leslie ; a Minter-Siodmak production ; directed by Robert Siodmak (100 min.) ; The scamp / George Minter presents a James Lawrie production ; written and directed by Wolf Rilla (86 min.)
disc 2. Kill me tomorrow / Renown Pictures Corporation Ltd present ; a Delta Film Production ; screenplay by Robert Falconer and Manning O'Brine ; from an original story by Robert Falconer ; produced by Francis Searle ; directed by Terence Fisher (77 min.)
Grand National night / George Minter presents ; produced by Phil C. Samuel ; directed by Bob McNaught ; [screenplay by Bob McNaught and Val Valentine] (80 min.).
- (The rough and the smooth) Nadja Tiller, Tony Britton, William Bendix, Natasha Parry, Adrienne Corri.
(The scamp) Richard Attenborough, Dorothy Alison, Terence Morgan, Colin "Smiley" Petersen.
(Kill me tomorrow) Pat O'Brien, Lois Maxwell, George Coulouris, Robert Brown, Tommy Steele.
(Grand National night) Nigel Patrick, Moira Lister, Beatrice Campbell, Betty Ann Davies.
- (The rough and the smooth) Director of photography, Otto Heller; editor, Gordon Pilkington; music, Douglas Gamley.
(The scamp) Director of photography, Freddie Frances; editor, Bernard Gribble; music, Frances Chagrin.
(Kill me tomorrow) Director of photography, Geoffrey Faithful; editor, Ann Chegwidden; music, Temple Abady.
(Grand National night) Director of photography, Jack Asher; editor, Anne V. Coates; music, John Greenwood.
- Videodisc release of four motion pictures produced in 1953 (Grand National night), 1957 (The scamp, and Kill me tomorrow) and 1959 (The rough and the smooth).
The rough and the smooth is based on The rough and the smooth / by Robin Maugham. The scamp is based on Uncertain joy / by Charlotte Hastings. Grand National night is based on Grand National night / by Dorothy and Campbell Christie.
"[D]igitally remastered 2009."--Opening frames of each film.
The rough and the smooth was released in the United States under the title Portrait of a sinner.
Edition statement from opening frames.
Aspect ratio 1.33:1.
- Siodmak, Robert, 1900-1973. , Director, Producer
Lindop, Audrey Erskine, 1920- , Adapter, Screenwriter
Leslie, Dudley. , Adapter, Screenwriter
Minter, George. , Producer
Tiller, Nadja, 1929- , Actor
Britton, Tony. , Actor
Bendix, William, 1906-1964 , Actor
Parry, Natasha. , Actor
Corri, Adrienne. , Actor
Maugham, Robin, 1916-1981. , Author
Gamley, Douglas. , Composer
Rilla, Wolf Peter. , Adapter, Screenwriter, Director
Lawrie, James. , Producer
Attenborough, Richard. , Actor
Alison, Dorothy, 1925- , Actor
Morgan, Terence, 1921-2005. , Actor
Hastings, Charlotte. , Author
Chagrin, Francis. , Composer
Fisher, Terence, 1904-1980. , Director
Falconer, Robert. , Screenwriter
O'Brine, Manning, 1913-1977. , Screenwriter
Searle, Francis. , Producer
O'Brien, Pat, 1899-1983 , Actor
Maxwell, Lois. , Actor
Coulouris, George, 1903-1989. , Actor
Brown, Robert, 1921-2003. , Actor
Steele, Tommy. , Actor
Abady, Temple, 1903-1970. , Composer
McNaught, Bob, 1915-1976. , Adapter, Screenwriter, Director
Valentine, Val. , Adapter, Screenwriter
Samuel, Phil C. , Producer
Patrick, Nigel. , Actor
Lister, Moira, 1923-2007. , Actor
Campbell, Beatrice, 1922-1979. , Actor
Davies, Betty Ann, 1910-1955. , Actor
Christie, Dorothy, b. 1896. , Author
Christie, Campbell. , Author
Greenwood, John. , Composer
Renown Pictures Corporation. , Producer
VCI Entertainment (Firm) , Distributor
- Rough and the smooth [videorecording]
Portrait of a sinner [videorecording]
Kill me tomorrow [videorecording]
Grand National night [videorecording]
- Publisher Number:
8571 VCI Entertainment
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|