The black novelist / edited by Robert Hemenway ...
- Columbus, Ohio : Charles E. Merrill, a Bell & Howell Company, 
- Charles E. Merrill literary texts.
Merrill literary texts
x, , 255 p. ; 24 cm.
- American fiction -- African American authors -- History and criticism.
African Americans -- Intellectual life.
African Americans in literature.
- Pt. 1: Critical judgments.
Sutton E. Griggs: novelist of the new Negro / Hugh Gloster
Social realism in Charles W. Chesnutt / Russell Ames
Paul Laurence Dunbar: the rejected symbol / Darwin T. Turner
The novels of Jessie Fauset / William Stanley Braithwaite
Zora Neale Hurston / Robert Bone
Frank Yerby as debunker / Darwin T. Turner
The dark and haunted tower of Richard Wright / Nathan A. Scott, Jr.
Politics of Ellison's Booker: Invisible man as symbolic history / Richard Kostelanetz
Novels of James Baldwin / Robert Bone
The development of the Black revolutionary artist / James T. Stewart
Pt. 2: The Black novelist speaks.
Two novels / W. E. B. DuBois
The Negro renaissance: Jean Toomer and the Harlem writers of the 1920's / Arna Bontemps
How "Bigger" was born / Richard Wright
The Negro writer - shadow and substance / J. Saunders Redding
The Negro writer - pitfalls and compensations / William Gardner Smith
Art of fiction: an interview / Ralph Ellison
Everybody's protest novel / James Baldwin
The literary ghetto / John A. Williams
Notes on a native son / Eldridge Cleaver.
- "Selected bibliography": p. 243-255.
- Local notes:
- RBC copy has dustjacket retained.
- Penn Chronology:
- Charles E. Merrill Publishing Company.
- Other format:
- Online version: Hemenway, Robert, 1921- Black novelist.
- 0675094976 (clothbound)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|