The Philadelphia story [videorecording] / Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer presents ; produced by Loew's Incorporated ; screen play by Donald Ogden Stewart ; produced by Joseph L. Mankiewicz ; directed by George Cukor.
- Two-disc special ed. ; standard version.
- [Atlanta, GA] : Turner Entertainment Co. ; Burbank, CA : distributed by Warner Home Video, c2005.
2 videodiscs (112 min.) : sd., b&w ; 4 3/4 in.
- Barry, Philip, 1896-1949 -- Film adaptations.
Divorced women -- Drama.
Remarriage -- Drama.
Courtship -- Drama.
Brides -- Drama.
Marriage -- Drama.
Self-acceptance -- Drama.
- Feature films.
Screwball comedy films.
Romantic comedy films.
Video recordings for the hearing impaired.
- In English; optional subtitles in English, French, or Spanish.
Closed-captioned for the hearing impaired.
- System Details:
- DVD, NTSC, Region 1; Dolby Digital mono.
- The Philadelphia Story centers on the society event of the season: the second marriage of icy, judgmental, moneyed socialite Tracy Lord to nouveau riche George Kittredge. Her first husband, suave and devilish C.K. Dexter Haven, complicates matters by finagling wedding invitations for incognito reporter Mike Connor and his photographer Liz Imbrie, to do a tell-all exposé. But Haven's motives for giving the tabloid access to Tracy's big day may not be as mercenary and mean-spirited as they first appear.
- Disc one. [Feature]
disc two. [Special features].
- Cary Grant, Katharine Hepburn, James Stewart, Ruth Hussey, John Howard, Roland Young, John Halliday, Mary Nash, Virginia Weidler.
- Director of photography, Joseph Ruttenberg; editor, Frank Sullivan; music, Franz Waxman.
- Videodisc release of the motion picture produced in 1940.
Based on the play The Philadelphia story / by Philip Barry.
Special features (disc one): commentary by film historian Jeannine Basinger; George Cukor movie trailer gallery. Special features (disc 2): Katherine Hepburn, all about me / written by David Heeley, Joan Kramer, Katherine Hepburn ; produced by Joan Kramer, David Heeley ; directed by David Heeley [featurette] (1992) (70 min.); The men who made the movies : George Cukor / narrator, Sydney Pollack ; producer, writer, director, Richard Schickel [featurette] (2001) (55 min.); That inferior feeling / starring Robert Benchley [short] (9 min.); The homeless flea [cartoon] (8 min.); Victory Theater broadcast 07/20/1942 [audio feature] (58 min.); Lady Esther Screen Guild Playhouse broadcast 03/17/1947 [audio feature] (30 min.).
Aspect ratio 1.33:1.
Academy Awards: Best Screenplay, Donald Ogden Stewart; Best Actor, James Stewart.
- Cukor, George, 1899-1983 , Director
Mankiewicz, Joseph L. , Producer
Stewart, Donald Ogden, 1894-1980 , Adapter, Screenwriter
Grant, Cary, 1904-1986 , Actor
Hepburn, Katharine, 1907-2003 , Actor
Stewart, James, 1908-1997 , Actor
Hussey, Ruth, 1911-2005 , Actor
Howard, John, 1913-1995. , Actor
Young, Roland, 1887-1953. , Actor
Waxman, Franz, 1906-1967 , Composer
Barry, Philip, 1896-1949. , Author
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer. , Producer
Loew's Incorporated. , Producer
Turner Entertainment Co.. , Distributor
Warner Home Video (Firm). , Distributor
- Katharine Hepburn, all about me [videorecording]
That inferior feeling [videorecording]
Men who made the movies (Television program). George Cukor [videorecording]
- Publisher Number:
- 66990 Warner Home Video
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|