- [Germany, 17--]
92 leaves : paper, col. ill. ; 154 x 94 (145 x 83) mm. bound to 162 x 110 mm.
- Geometry -- Early works to 1800.
Trigonometry -- Early works to 1800.
Horology -- Early works to 1800.
Sundials -- Early works to 1800.
Mathematics -- Study and teaching -- Early works to 1800.
Manuscripts, German -- 18th century.
- German, with Latin headings and terms.
- Mathematical treatise with diagrams, illustrations, and exercises. Topics include planar geometry, trigonometry, logarithms, stereometry, perspective, and horology (measurement of time with sundials).
- Ms. codex.
Title from caption title (p.1).
Pagination: Paper, ii + 83 + vii leaves; [iv], 1-159, [160-166]; contemporary pagination in green ink, upper outer corners, slightly trimmed.
Layout: Written in approximately 30 long lines; text block framed with double-fillet borders in black ink.
Script: Written in cursive script.
Decoration: Geometrical and surveying drawings and diagrams throughout, in three or four colored inks and sometimes with wash; rubrics and headings in red ink.
Binding: Marbled paper over boards with title label Geometria on upper cover.
Origin: Written in Germany in the 18th century.
- Local notes:
- Lawrence J. Schoenberg & Barbara Brizdle Manuscript Initiative.
- Penn Provenance:
- Sold by Martayan Lan (New York) to Lawrence J. Schoenberg, Aug. 1999.
Deposit by Lawrence J. Schoenberg and Barbara Brizdle, 2011.
Gift of Barbara Brizdle Schoenberg, 2016.
- Cited in:
- Described in Transformation of knowledge: early manuscripts from the collection of Lawrence J. Schoenberg (London: Paul Holberton, 2006), p. 50 (LJS 320).
- Cited as:
- UPenn LJS 320.
- Schoenberg, Lawrence J., former owner.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|