Clinical pathology for the veterinary team / Andrew J. Rosenfeld, Sharon M. Dial.
- Ames, Iowa : Wiley-Blackwell, 2010.
xi, 284 p. : ill. (some col.) ; 25 cm. + 1 DVD-ROM (4 3/4 in.).
- Veterinary pathology -- Laboratory manuals.
- Medical subjects:
- Animal Diseases -- pathology -- Laboratory Manuals.
Clinical Laboratory Techniques -- veterinary -- Laboratory Manuals.
Pathology, Veterinary -- methods -- Laboratory Manuals.
- "Clinical Pathology for the Veterinary Team is a concise, reliable resource for technical team members performing clinical diagnostic evaluation. Focusing on sample handling, machinery calibration, normal physiology and anatomy, clinical diagnostics, and disease processes, the book helps technical team members to consistently achieving high-quality results in lab work. An essential bench-side reference for in-house laboratories, the book includes a DVD with interactive cases to build skills in reading and interpreting digital slides. With chapters on blood counts, chemistry, urinalysis and electrolytes, advanced diagnostics, and cytology, Clinical Pathology for the Veterinary Team offers key technical information for consistently obtaining and evaluating samples. The book is a practical resource for anyone performing lab work, including veterinary technicians, technician and veterinary students, and veterinarians"--Provided by publisher.
- Sample handling and laboratory standardization : developing standard operating procedures
Components of the complete blood count
Hematology : the erythrocytes, white blood cells, and immune system
Abnormalities in the red and white blood cell populations
Renal physiology and anatomy, clinical diagnostics, and disease
Liver physiology and anatomy, clinical diagnostics, and disease
Pancreatic and gastrointestinal physiology and anatomy, clinical diagnostics, and disease
Electrolyte physiology, function, and derangement
Components of the urinalysis
Evaluating the urinalysis with disease conditions
Adrenal function and testing
Emergency diagnostics : a discussion of shock and clinical diagnostics
Obtaining samples from different body systems and evaluating cytology.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Dial, Sharon M.
- 9780813810089 (pbk. : alk. paper)
0813810086 (pbk. : alk. paper)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|