Institutions, ideas and leadership in Russian politics / edited by Julie Newton, William Tompson.
- Houndmills, Basingstoke, Hampshire ; New York : Palgrave Macmillan ; Oxford : In association with St. Antony's College, 2010.
- St. Antony's series (Palgrave Macmillan (Firm))
St. Antony's series
xi, 250 p. ; 23 cm.
- Russia (Federation) -- Politics and government -- 1991-.
Political leadership -- Russia (Federation).
Post-communism -- Russia (Federation).
- "This book addresses the question: how, and to what degree, are political institutions important in explaining the state of post-Communist political systems today? More specifically, it analyses the nature of political leadership and explains how, and under what circumstances, ideas and identity have influenced post-Soviet political change"-- Provided by publisher.
- Explaining political and economic change in post-Soviet Russia / Julie Newton
Presidents and parties : leadership and institution-building in post-communist Russia / Thomas F. Remington
Russia's gubernatorial elections : a postmortem / J. Paul Goode
Back to the future? : Thoughts on the political economy of expanding state ownership in Russia / William Tompson
Shortcut to great power : Russia in pursuit of multipolarity / Julie Newton
The presence of absence : ethnicity policy in Russia / Peter Rutland
Political parties under Putin : party-system development and democracy / Kenneth Wilson
The rule-of-law factor / Jeffrey Kahn
Ukraine : improbable democratic nation-state, but possible democratic state-nation? / Alfred Stepan
Explaining European Union aid to Russia / Tomila Lankina.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Newton, Julie M., 1961-
Tompson, William J.
- 9780230551473 (hardback)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|