Head [videorecording] / a Raybert production ; Columbia Pictures ; written and produced by Bob Rafelson and Jack Nicholson ; directed by Bob Rafelson.
- Other Title:
- Title from boxed set container: America lost and found : the BBS story [videorecording]
America lost and found, the BBS story. [Disc 1], Head [videorecording]
- [Special] DVD ed.; widescreen presentation.
- Burbank, CA : Criterion Collection, c2010.
- Criterion collection; 544.
Criterion collection ; 544
1 videodisc (85 min.) : sd., col. ; 4 3/4 in. + 1 book (111 p. ; col. ill. ; 21 cm.)
- Monkees (Musical group)
Rock musicians -- United States -- Drama.
Rock music -- United States -- 1961-1970.
- Feature films.
Video recordings for the hearing impaired.
- Subtitled for the deaf and hard of hearing.
- System Details:
- DVD ; Dolby Digital 5.1, mono.
- A kaleidoscopic satire that's movie homage, media send-up, concert movie, and antiwar cry all at once.
- Peter Tork, David Jones, Micky Dolenz, Michael Nesmith, Annette Funicello, Victor Mature.
- Director of photography, Michel Hugo ; editor, Mike Pozen ; incidental music, Ken Thorne.
- 16:9, 1.78:1 aspect ratios.
Originally released as a motion picture in 1968.
"c2007 Rhino Entertainment Company..."--Disc label.
Issued as part of a 9-DVD boxed set with: Easy rider (2 discs: feature film and supplemental material); Five easy pieces; Drive, he said; A safe place; The last picture show (2 discs: feature film and supplemental material); The king of Marvin Gardens.
DVD special ed. features: New, restored high-definition digital transfer, with newly created, optional Dolby Digital 5.1 soundtrack; audio commentary featuring the Monkees; new video interview with director Bob Rafelson; new documentary about BBS featuring critic David Thomson and historian Douglas Brinkley; screen tests with the Monkees; trailers and TV and radio spots; Ephemera, including behind-the-scenes photos by Henry Diltz; rare 1968 television interview with the Monkees.
- Rafelson, Bob. , Screenwriter, Producer, Director
Nicholson, Jack. , Screenwriter, Producer
Jones, Davy, 1945-2012 , Actor
Dolenz, Micky. , Actor
Nesmith, Michael. , Actor
Tork, Peter. , Actor
Thorne, Ken. , Composer
Raybert Productions, Inc. , Producer
Columbia Pictures. , Producer
Rhino Entertainment Company. , Producer
Criterion Collection (Firm) , Distributor
- Publisher Number:
- 715515065818 set
CC1960D Criterion Collection
CC1959D Criterion Collection (set)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|