Transport phenomena in biomedical engineering : artificial organ design and development and tissue engineering / Kal Renganathan Sharma.
- New York : McGraw-Hill, c2010.
xvii, 488 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Biological transport.
- Medical subjects:
- Biological Transport -- physiology.
Body Fluids -- metabolism.
Cell Membrane -- metabolism.
Drug Delivery Systems.
Tissue Engineering -- methods.
- "Transport phenomena refer to fluid mechanics within living organisms. This text offers in-depth coverage of the flow of body fluids, drug delivery systems, and design of artificial organs"--Provided by publisher.
- Fundamentals of fluid mechanics
Principles of diffusion
Osmotic pressure, solvent permeability, and solute transport
Rheology of blood and transport
Bioartificial organ design
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Local notes:
- Acquired for the Penn Libraries with assistance from the Albert E. Visk, W'28, Memorial Book Fund.
- Albert E. Visk, W'28, Memorial Book Fund.
- 9780071663977 (hardback : alk. paper)
0071663975 (hardback : alk. paper)
- Publisher Number:
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|