T.S. Eliot and the essay : from The sacred wood to Four quartets / G. Douglas Atkins.
- Waco, Tex. : Baylor University Press, c2010.
- Studies in Christianity and literature ; 5.
Studies in Christianity and literature ; 5
x, 147 p. ; 24 cm.
- Eliot, T. S. (Thomas Stearns), 1888-1965 -- Criticism and interpretation.
- Introduction : Eliot the essayist
Against (pure) transcendence : the essay and embodied truth
Eliot, Montaigne, and the essay : the matter of personality
Turning the essay : "tradition and the individual talent"
The perfect critic and imperfect critics : the essay, criticism, and impurity
Eliot's prose voice : the critical essayist as medium
"Restoring/With a new verse the ancient rhyme"
Four quartets : the poem as essay
The impure art of Four quartets : where literature and philosophy meet
Conclusion : faring forward, exploring still : participation instead of Puritan's progress.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- 9781602582552 (alk. paper)
1602582556 (alk. paper)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|