Appreciations of poetry / by Lafcadio Hearn; selected and edited with an introduction by John Erskine.
- Other records:
- New York : Dodd, Mead and Co., 1916.
xiv, 408 p. ; 24 cm.
- English poetry -- 19th century -- History and criticism.
- Place of Publication:
- United States New York (State) New York.
- On love in English poetry
Studies in Tennyson (a fragment)
Studies in Rossetti
Studies in Swinburne
Studies in Browning
Charles Kingsley as poet
Matthew Arnold as poet
A note on Jean Ingelow
A note on Watson's poems
A note on Robert Buchanan
A note on Munby's "Dorothy"
- Selected from lectures delivered at the University of Tokyo between 1896 and 1902.
- Local notes:
- Culture Class Collection copy has article on author by John Erskine laid in.
Mausner Collection copy presented to the Penn Libraries in 2012 by the estate of Milton A. Mausner.
Mausner Collection copy has armorial bookplate of Scofield Thayer on front pastedown; label of Charles E. Lauriat Co., Boston, Mass., on front free endpaper.
Mausner Collection copy has some leaves unopened at fore-edge.
- Penn Provenance:
- Mausner, Milton A., Estate of (donor) (Mausner Collection copy)
Mausner, Milton A., 1918-2012 (former owner) (Mausner Collection copy)
Thayer, Scofield, 1889-1982 (bookplate) (Mausner Collection copy)
Charles E. Lauriat Co. (label) (Mausner Collection copy)
- Penn Chronology:
- Erskine, John, 1879-1951.
Culture Class Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
American Culture Class Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
Milton Mausner Collection of Lafcadio Hearn (University of Pennsylvania)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|