Las Madres [videorecording] = The Mothers of Plaza De Mayo / produced and directed by Susana Blaustein and Lourdes Portillo ; written by Nina Serrano, Ying Ying Wu, Lourdes Portillo.
- Other Title:
- Mothers of Plaza De Mayo [videorecording]
- [New York, NY.] : Women Make Movies, 2000.
videodisc (64 min.) : sd., col. with b&w sequences ; 4 3/4 in.
- Madres de Plaza de Mayo (Association).
Missing persons -- Argentina.
Disappeared persons -- Argentina.
Political prisoners -- Argentina.
Women -- Political activity -- Argentina.
Civil rights -- Argentina.
Human rights -- Argentina.
Political persecution -- Argentina.
Plaza de Mayo (Buenos Aires, Argentina).
Argentina -- Politics and government -- 1955-1983.
- Historical films.
- English and Spanish with English subtitles ; narration in English.
- System Details:
- DVD ; NTSC.
- In 1977, the darkest year of the military dictatorship in Argentina, fourteen ordinary women began to march. They risked their lives, defying the law prohibiting public meetings, by marching before the Presidential palace in Buenos Aires, in the Plaza de Mayo, demanding to know the whereabouts of their missing children. These middle-aged and elderly women, without formal political education, sparked both an Argentinian national movement and an international campaign for the release of all "disappeared" persons.
- Narration, Carmen Zapata.
- Editing, Susana Blaustein, Irving Saraf, Yasha Aginsky.
- Local notes:
- Acquired for the Penn Libraries with assistance from the Albert E. Visk, W'28, Memorial Book Fund.
- Blaustein, Susana. , Director, Producer
Portillo, Lourdes. , Director, Producer, Screenwriter
Serrano, Nina, 1934- , Screenwriter
Wu, Ying Ying. , Screenwriter
Zapata, Carmen. , Narrator
Women Make Movies (Firm). , Distributor
Albert E. Visk, W'28, Memorial Book Fund.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|