How democracy works now. 1, The game is on [videorecording] / Epidoko Pictures presents ; a series by Shari Robertson & Michael Camerini ; produced by Rachel Salmon.
- Other Title:
- Game is on [videorecording]
- [New York] : Epidoko Pictures, c2010.
1 videodisc (91 min.) : sd., col. ; 4 3/4 in.
- United States -- Politics and government -- 2001-2009.
United States -- Emigration and immigration -- Government policy.
- Documentary films.
- System Details:
- DVD, NTSC ; all regions.
- "Summer, 2001: Secret negotiations between the governments of the U.S. and Mexico break into front page news, igniting a national debate on the overhaul of the U.S. immigration system that reflects the country's split over the issue. Advocates see the pro-reform perspective shared by President Bush and Senators Ted Kennedy and Sam Brownback as an incredible alignment of the stars. Then 9/11 attacks shatter any hope of comprehensive reform. But around the country, the issue resurfaces in November's local elections. In a heated city council race in Iowa, we discover the seeds of the battle to come."--Container.
- Composer, Mark Suozzo ; camera, Michael Camerini ; editors, Mark Juergens, Jane Rizzo, Garret Savage, Kristen Huntley.
- Originally housed in container with series title How democracy works now: Twelve stories.
DVD release of documentary originally produced in 2001.
- Local notes:
- Acquired for the Penn Libraries with assistance from the Charles H. Maxson Fund.
- Robertson, Shari. , Director
Camerini, Michael. , Director
Salmon, Rachel. , Producer
Suozzo, Mark. , Composer
Epidoko Pictures. , Producer, Distributor
Charles H. Maxson Fund.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|