Muslim marriage in Western courts : lost in transplantation / Pascale Fournier.
- Farnham, Surrey, England ; Burlington, VT : Ashgate, c2010.
- Cultural diversity and law.
Cultural diversity and law
xx, 206 p. ; 25 cm.
- Dowry (Islamic law).
Marriage (Islamic law).
Conflict of laws -- Marriage.
- The roots of Mahr and the hybrid transplant : introducing Mahr as an Islamic legal conception and a fragmented legal concept
When Mahr travels : adjudicating Mahr in Canada, the United States, France, and Germany
Nourishing the transplanted law : fertile soil or rocky ground?
Contradictions in the reception of Mahr as ideology and subjectivity
Samir and Leila revisited : the adjudication and reception of Mahr and its subjective significance for Muslim women
Deep roots and tall branches : conclusions on the reception of Mahr by Western courts.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- 9781409404415 (hardback : alk. paper)
1409404412 (hardback : alk. paper)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|