A new and easy guide to the use of the globes; and the rudiments of geography. [electronic resource] : Wherein the knowledge of the heavens and earth is made easy to the meanest capacity: first, by giving a concise account of the four quarters of the world, with the distance and situation of the principal Islands and inland places, and secondly, by the solution of upwards of seventy useful problems, in geography, astronomy, navigation, and dialling. In which are inserted four useful tables. I. Shews the latitude of the principal places, and their longitude from the Meridian of London. II. Shews the number of miles contained in a degree of longitude, at every degree of latitude. III. Shews where every climate ends, with the length of the longest day at the end of each. IV. Shews the right ascension, declination, latitude, and longitude of the most eminent fixed stars. To the whole are subjoined, I. An appendix; Containing a short account of the solar system, and of the comets and fixed stars: II. A supplement; exhibiting a brief view of the figure and magnitude of the earth, of the nature of the atmosphere, of the theory of the tides, and a concise system of chronology. By Daniel Fenning, author of the school-master's useful companion, or scholar's best instructor; the Royal English dictionary, published by the King's authority; the British youth's instructor, or, a new and easy guide to practical arithmetic; the young man's universal companion; and the young man's book of knowledge.
- The sixth edition. Corrected and improved, by Joseph Moon, mathematician, Salisbury. Recommended by the Rev. J. Warneford, M.A. and several eminent mathematicians. In this edition is inserted a view of the copernican or true system of the universe, and the coelestial globe, neatly engraved.
- Dublin : Printed by J. Rice, No. III, Grafton Street, 1796.
- Eighteenth century collections online. Part 2: New editions
ix,,213,[l]p.,plates : maps ; 12⁰.
- Place of Publication:
- Ireland Dublin.
- System Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Electronic reproduction. Farmington Hills, Mich. : Cengage Gale, 2009. Available via the World Wide Web. Access limited by licensing agreements. s2009 miunns
Reproduction of original from National Library of Ireland.
- Cited in:
- English Short Title Catalog, N4788.
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|