The mariner's new calendar. [electronic resource] : Containing The principles of arithmetic and practical geometry; with the extraction of the square and cube roots; also rules for finding the prime, epact, moon's age, time of high-water, with tables for the same. Together with exact tables of the sun's place, declination, and right ascension: of the right ascention and declination of the principal fixed stars: of the latitude and longtitude of places: a large table of difference of latitude and departure, for the exact working a traverse. Also the description and use of the sea-quadrant, fore-staff and nocturnal: necessary problems in plane-sailing and astronomy, wrought by the logarithms, and by Gunter's scale: a tide table: the courses and distances on the coast of Great Britain, Ireland, France, &c. And the soundings at coming into the channel: with directions for failing into some principal harbours. By Nathaniel Colson, student in the mathematics. The whole revised, and adjusted to the new stile, by William Mountaine, F.R.S.
- Other Title:
- Mariners new kalendar
- London : Printed for J. Mount and T. Page and W. Mount on Tower-Hill, 1781. Where you may all sorts of mathematical books, 1781.
- Eighteenth century collections online. Part 2: New editions
136p. : ill. ; 4⁰.
- Nautical almanacs.
- Place of Publication:
- England London.
- System Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Electronic reproduction. Farmington Hills, Mich. : Cengage Gale, 2009. Available via the World Wide Web. Access limited by licensing agreements. s2009 miunns
Reproduction of original from Boston Public Library.
- Cited in:
- English Short Title Catalog, N34626.
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|