The Literary fly [electronic resource].
- Other Title:
- Collected with added title: Literary fly volume the first 1779
- [London] : Printed and published by [Christopher] Etherington, at no 25, opposite the south-door of St. Paul's (where letters, post-paid, to the Literary Fly will be received). To be had also at Bell's, in the Strand; Richardson and Urquhart's, Royal Exchange; Faulder's, in New Bond-street; Fletcher's, Oxford; Merril's, Cambridge; Frobisher's, York; Walker's Maidstone; and all the booksellers in town and country, 1779.
- 17th-18th century Burney Collection newspapers [electronic resource].
17th-18th century Burney Collection newspapers
Number I. (Monday, January 18th, 1779)-Number XVII. (Saturday, May 8th, 1779.).
- English literature -- Anecdotes -- Periodicals -- Early works to 1800.
English poetry -- 18th century -- Periodicals.
- Periodicals -- 18th century -- England.
- Place of Publication:
- Great Britain England London.
- Contents include poetry and literary gossip.
Description based on:Number I. [The second edition] (Monday, January 18th, 1779); title from caption.
Issue number and title repeated as running title.
Latest issue consulted: Number XVII. (Saturday, May 8th, 1779.).
Reproduction of the originals from the Burney Collection, the British Library (London).
There are two editions of no. 1; the first was distributed gratis along with the collective title page and "The second edition", which has "Price fourpence" within square brackets.
Written and edited by: Sir Herbert Croft and George Isted.
Appeared on Saturday from no. 2.
Volume no. appears on direction line.
Electronic reproduction. Farmington Hills, Mich. : Gale, 2009. Available via the World Wide Web. Access limited by licensing agreements. 2009 miunns
Collected in a single volume with the same title: London, 1779; reprinted in the same year.
- Local notes:
- Images from the source library are selected or scattered issues as well as various editions of the cataloged title and related titles (where indicated in the MARC record) as representative of the general publishing history of the title during the 17th and 18th centuries.
- Cited in:
- NCBEL, II:1286
- Croft, Herbert, Sir, 1751-1816 , Author
Isted, George. , Author
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|