The Englishman [electronic resource].
- Standardized Title:
- Englishman (London, England : 1738?).
- London [England] : sold by C. Corbett, published, at Addison's-Head, in Fleet-street; where advertisements and letters to the author are taken in,
- Eighteenth century collections online. Part 2: New editions
v. ; 39-40 cm. (2⁰)
Began in 1738? ceased in 1741? Cf. NCBEL.
- Prices -- England -- Newspapers -- Early works to 1800.
Crime and criminals -- Newspapers -- Early works to 1800.
London -- History -- George II, 1727-1760 -- Newspapers -- Early works to 1800.
Great Britain -- History -- George II, 1727-1760 -- Newspapers -- Early works to 1800.
Europe -- History -- 18th century -- Newspapers -- Early works to 1800.
- Newspapers -- England -- 18th century.
- Place of Publication:
- England London.
- System Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Imprint from colophon; imprints lack dates.
Years of publication suggested by reference sources.
Below date: To be continued every Saturday.
In square brackets at foot of p. : Price two-pence.
At head of text in brackets: LONDON.
Some issues dated according to Lady Day dating.
Printed in three columns; text begins with factotum initial.
Includes editorials, literary articles; foreign, country and London news, local and crime news notes, deaths, commodity prices, advertisements. Not to be confused with similarly titled periodicals.
Description based on: Saturday February 14, to Saturday February 21, 1740 [i.e. 1741], No. 147; title from caption.
Electronic reproduction. Farmington Hills, Mich. : Cengage Gale, 2009. Available via the World Wide Web. Access limited by licensing agreements. s2009 miunns
Reproduction of original from Bodleian Library (Oxford).
- Cited in:
- NCBEL, II:1329
Crane & Kaye, 1270
English Short Title Catalog, P3027.
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|